MMBGIMS is approved by AICTE and Affiliated to Mumbai University and Government of Maharashtra to conduct the coveted Master of Management Studies Program.
The full-time MMS Program is of two years duration consisting of four semesters and is open to candidate, having Bachelor’s degree or Appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s Degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities in any faculty.
Admissions to this course are centralized and through MBA/MMS – CET, held in accordance with Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Govt. of Maharashtra guidelines.
The first semester is common to all students and from second semester specialisation can be done in the field of Marketing, Finance, HR & Operations.Intake capacity of the Institute is 120 seats. 24 seats of the sanctioned capacity is reserved for Institute Level Seats and these admissions are given as per Government norms.
In order to secure admission to first year of two years full time MBS/MMS/PGDBM/PGDBA Course the candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria :
Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate*or equivalent CGPA ( 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
Appeared** for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities such candidates can be considered for provisional admission subject to passing the Degree exam with minimum of 50% in aggregate* or equivalent CGPA 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra state only).
* Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
In case the percentage of marks in aggregate comes in fraction then percentage of marks in aggregate shall be rounded up e.g. 44.50 – 44.99 % shall be rounded to 45% and 44.01- 44.49 % shall be rounded to 44%marks.
**Candidates appeared for final year examination fulfilling the remaining eligibility criteria will be offered provisional admission subject to the conditions that they will pass the examination with the required percentage of marks on or beforedate prescribed by DTE.In case , the candidate fails to produce the results of the final year examination on or beforedate prescribe by DTE,then admission offered to such candidate automatically cancelled and the fees (tuition, development and other fees) paid by the candidate of academic year2015-16will be forfeited.
The Competent Authority shall conduct total Three (3) rounds of Centralized Admission. The CAP shall consist of first Two (2) rounds by Centralized Allotment where eligible candidates will fill separate Online Option forms for respective rounds. Third round of CAP shall be conducted by way of counseling only for the eligible Maharashtra State candidates.
Various steps in the process of admission to MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDBA courses are also given on www.dte.org.in/mba. The steps include purchase of Information brochure, filling up & confirmation of Online Application form, appearing for CET, GD & PI, filling up & confirmation of Option form for Rounds of Centralized Allotment and Reporting etc.
Candidates are requested to read carefully the details of CAP and follow instructions given therein. Documents needed must be submitted by the candidate while attending the CAP.
Please visit www.dte.org.in for further details.
All original certificates & Attested True copies of (Marksheets, MAH-MBA/MMS-CET score card, Certificate of Indian Nationality, Undertaking in Proforma-I, Caste Certificate, Caste/Tribe Validity, Non Creamy Layer certificate valid upto 31st March of each year, Domicile Certificate, Proforma (A~E) etc.) as applicable.
Any other relevant document.
1. In lieu of the “Certificate of Indian Nationality” following certificates/documents will also be acceptable-
- The School leaving Certificate indicating the Nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Indian Passport in the name of the candidate, issued by appropriate authorities.
- Birth Certificate of the Candidate indicating the place of birth in India.
CASTE VALIDITY CERTIFICATE
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST, VJ/DT NT (A), NT (B), NT(C), SBC and OBC category are required to produce Caste Validity Certificate at the time of filling of the online application form. However such candidates who are unable to produce the caste validity certificate may produce the same on or before 30th November, such candidates will be admitted on provisional basis. If a candidate fails to submit the required Caste Validity Certificate upto 30th November then the admission of such candidate shall be automatically cancelled.
- Candidates who are unable to produce Caste Validity Certificate are however are required to submit following documents at the time of filling of CAP Admission Form :
Undertaking in proforma-H by the candidate stating that if the candidate fails to submit Caste Validity Certificate on or before 30th November, then Govt. and Admission Authority shall not be held responsible for the consequences arising out of cancellation of the admission of the candidate.
IMPORTANT: In case the candidate fails to produce the caste validity then the admission secured by the candidate shall be cancelled. Such candidate will be required to pay the complete fees of one academic year to the respective college. In any case the admission secured by such candidate in the respective reserved category will not be converted into Open Category.
NON CREAMY LAYER CERTIFICATE
A candidate belonging to ‘Creamy Layer’ amongst the categories SBC, V.J./N.T.(A), N.T.(B), N.T.(C),N.T.(D) and O.B.C. must note that the provision of reservation is NOT applicable to him/her. A candidate claiming benefit of reservation under the categories SBC, V.J./N.T.(A), N.T.(B), N.T.(C), N.T.(D) and O.B.C. will be required to produce “Non-Creamy Layer Certificate” as per Annexure-A as specified in the Government Resolution No. CBC/10/2006/CR-15/MVK-5, dated 30th June 2006.The certificate must be valid up to 31st March of each year.
Non-Creamy Layer Certificate is required to be produced on or before the last date of filling up of CAP Admission Form, failing which the category claimed will not be considered.
Domicile certificate issued by the Maharashtra State’s appropriate authorities, clearly indicating domicile by permanent residence will be considered valid.
The domicile certificate indicating domicile “By Choice” or “Education Purposes” will not be valid. The domicile certificate of Mother of the candidate should have been issued after her marriage, such certificate issued before her marriage will not be valid. In case of mother’s domicile certificate, the candidate shall submit an affidavit on Rs.100/- stamp paper, stating that the person in whose name the domicile certificate is issued is the mother of the candidate.
No documents are needed at the time of filling up of online form for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET. However no change in the information once filled is permitted at a later date. Candidates are required to keep the documents ready at the time of filling up of “Application Form for Admission”.
(Tentatively scheduled in the month of May) Please visit www.dte.org.in/mba for further details.
Course Fee: Rs 1,21,000 /-
* plus Refundable deposit Rs 2000/- (2018-20).
*subject to guidelines from competent Authority.