THE MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
• Maratha Mandir’s started its Management Institute is popularly known as Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management studies (MMBGIMS).
• Foundation stone of this the Management Institute was laid at the hands of Late Honorable Shri. Rajivji Gandhi, Ex-Prime Minister of India on 18th October 1983, in the presence of Late Shri. Vasantdada Patil, Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Late Maharaja Shri. Madhavrao Shinde then President of Maratha Mandir and Late Shri Babasaheb Gawde, Founder Hon. General Secretary of Maratha Mandir.
• This Esteemed institute was inaugurated by Shri P B Sawant, Honorable Justice of Supreme Court of India on 31st July 1997, In the presence of Late Shri Madhavrao Maharaj Shinde President of Maratha Mandir.
• Maratha Mandir’s Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies (MMBGIMS) fosters an environment of academic excellence and for over 19 years has gained reputation as a leading Management Institute offering Prime Management Education. The dynamic and competitive culture enhances the academic, personal and social participation of the students. The process of delivery of knowledge adopts holistic approach, rather than just industry-driven perspective. This leads to the creation of more ethical and value driven decision makers.
• The Quality Management Education is imparted with a perfect blend comprising of case study based pedagogy along with practical result oriented academic excellence. MMBGIMS has always fostered academic excellence. Over the years, it has gained the reputation of being one of the leading Management Institutes, offering quality education to the students. The Institute strives for an overall development of the students’ character and seeks to broaden their social outlook and perspectives, to make them great Citizens of this country.
• MMBGIMS provide opportunities for the enhancement of academic, cultural, social, and recreational aspects of students’ life through several events like Alert Mumbaikar, Thanks giving day , Save Water Day , VanMahotsav, International Women’s Day , etc.
• The ability to communicate and convince is the key skill for a Successful Professional Manager. Working in small and dynamic groups to prepare and give presentation, sharpens students’ ability to express ideas clearly and offers valuable experience in identifying / defending collective decisions.
• Faculties at MMBGIMS conducts special mentoring sessions for students. They also guide students on how to write summer / specialisation projects. The guidance also includes selection of topic, data analysis. Further the mentoring is not limited to projects however research paper writing, career guidance, selecting the right job but also some of the aspects, where faculty mentor the students.
• At MMBGIMS we feel proud, as we invite Eminent personalities from various Industries and Institutions to talk about some aspects of their career operation and Industry experience.
• At MMBGIMS emphasis is given on not only making students academically brilliant, but true leaders and team players, thus preparing them for the real life Corporate World. This is done by also inviting Eminent personalities who are well designated people from the Industry and provide valuable guidance to our students.
• Guest Lecture is a way of enriching our students with the latest updates of the Corporate World. The Students are bestowed with knowledge about how Industry changes, what are the Industry needs and what are different avenues in each industry. These sessions often produce lively discussions and give valuable insights into how one can see things differently from the top.
• MIMAMSA is a paper presentation competition where students Think, Explore & Present their ideas. A platform is given to students to write a research paper, which nourishes the intellects and analytical skills of the students, thereby training them to analyse and present their ideas in a more logical flow.
• Our institute organises National Conference where Students, Academicians/ Faculty members & Corporate Professional present their original work/paper relevant to the theme.
• MMBGIMS organises industrial visits regularly, where students get practical exposure to whatever they have learnt in the classroom. Industrial visits have always enhanced the knowledge base of the students. Students visited manufacturing facilities of Reliance, Siemens, and Saint-Gobain , Mapro, Gowardhan Dairy,United Breweries, etc.
• MAGMA is the Management festival of MMBGIMS. Which is famous for events like Rink football, Dance, Fashion Show, Box Cricket, Tug of War, Poster Making Competition, Antakshari , Carrom etc. Students participate activity and enjoy this event.
MMBGIMS organises revision lectures after completion of the syllabus , for all the subjects and also for University papers. Faculty also conduct revision test, after such lectures.