MMS Sem I
Topical group discussion plays a vital role in understanding a current situation issue or topic. Discussing a topic with friends or classmates helps in learning the topic with precision. Each person has his/her point of view on the topic. Group discussions involve sharing of learning by the participants. The composition of the class profile matters a lot in this event. The more diverse a class is, the discussions benefit more.
On Monday, 5th December 2022 we conducted group discussions for Semester I on the following topics:
1. Building Atmanirbhar Bharat requires greater citizen participation
2. Has the OTT Platform disrupted the entertainment industry?
3. Is India’s comparison to China fair?
4. Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) must go for PPP model relationships with NGOs and corporates.
5. Components of environmental sustainability are more important than GDP
6. Can the high divorce rate be curtailed?
There is a difference between debate and group discussion: the debate is for argument and to attack to win while group discussion is to exchange ideas and opinions for a better understanding of a topic.
We faculties allow our students to rethink, equip and improvise whenever a discussion takes place. It is a regular practice of pedagogy so that students learn the best way to approach the topic. Some of them take brief notes on how each discussion went and use the points as the basis for reorganizing their strengths and weaknesses, improving their presentation skills, rethinking the material included or developing ideas for future teaching and research projects.